Residents can apply for the Fall 2023 Irving 360° Civic Academy through July 31 at 5 p.m. The Irving 360° Civic Academy is designed to give participants a behind-the-scenes look at the daily operations of the city and encourage civic engagement. Anyone 18 and older who lives or works in Irving can apply.
Beginning on Sept. 5, the 2023 Fall cohort will meet for 10 weeks. Each week participants meet at a predetermined location in the city for approximately three hours. The classes are set primarily on Tuesdays after regular work hours with some weekend sessions. Participants may miss only two classes to be considered eligible to graduate from the program.
Session topics include:
- The History of the City of Irving
- Government Structure, Elections, and City Boards and Commissions
- Public Safety
- Budget and Finance
- Solid waste Services
- Water Utilities
- City Planning and Redevelopment
- Building Inspections and Code Enforcement
- Economic Development and Tourism
- Parks and Libraries
- City Communications
- Transportation and Environmental Initiatives
- Arts and Cultural Activities
Please contact Innovation and Performance Manager Lauren Hale at email@example.com with any questions relating to the program, including applicant eligibility and scheduling.