The City of Irving is eagerly preparing for its most anticipated animal welfare event of the year, "Clear the Shelters." The much-loved annual adoption drive will return to the Irving Animal Care Campus located at 4140 Valley View Lane throughout the entire month of August.
In a bid to promote pet adoption and encourage loving families to welcome a new furry friend into their homes, Irving Animal Services (IAC) has decided to go the extra mile. As part of the nationwide campaign, IAC will waive all adoption fees for every pet looking for their forever home during the entire month of August.
Why Adopt an Irving Pet?
- Pet matchmakers on-site. IAS staff understands each pet’s unique personality and can match a family with the perfect pet.
- Adoption saves two pets’ lives in the community. Adopting a shelter pet provides an open kennel for the next rescue animal.
- Dogs and cats receive daily enriching social interactions. IAS staff provides a nurturing environment at the campus resulting in the pet’s good temperament.
- Be a community influencer. Inspire neighbors and friends to “adopt, don’t shop.”
IAS hours are 1 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The shelter is closed on Sunday, Monday and Thursday. All adoptions must be processed 30 minutes prior to closing.
This year marks the ninth anniversary of the pet adoption event which originated in the City of Irving. In 2015, NBC and Telemundo rolled Clear the Shelters out to establish a nationwide adoption event and to change people’s perceptions on shelter pets and shelters.
Visit CityofIrving.org/Animal-Services or call (972) 721-2256 for more information.
IAS Adoption Benefits
- Adopters receive a free sample bag of Science Diet food
- Dogs and cats are up-to-date on vaccinations
- Spayed or neutered
- Microchipped and registered with 24PetWatch
- Heartworm tested
- Cats are FeLV/FIV tested
For adoption information and to view adoptable pets, visit the Animal Adoptions page.