In the early hours of this morning, at approximately 5:00am, the Rendon Fire Department, in collaboration with multiple mutual aid departments, rushed to extinguish a structure fire at Mama Angie's Mexican Cocina, located at 8120 Rendon Bloodworth Road.
Upon arrival, the first responders discovered a plume of smoke emanating from the expansive restaurant but observed no visible flames. The seriousness of the situation prompted a 3-alarm response, enlisting firefighters from both Tarrant and Johnson counties.
After several hours of concerted effort, the fire was successfully brought under control by approximately 7:00am.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Following the ordeal, Mama Angie's Mexican Cocina shared an update with their patrons on their official Facebook page, stating, "Mama Angie's Mexican Cocina had a bit of a fire emergency last night and will not be open until the damage is fixed. We appreciate our customers and want to thank you all for understanding."